Thursday, December 8, 2011

CHAPTER 8: FATHER COUGHLIN

SOME PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SPEAK... EVER






I had to do a lot of research on Father Coughlin when I was studying 20th Century American History. I was horrified by what he was saying and immediately despised him, but then something happened. An unexpected feeling came over me, and that was pity. I felt sorry for this man. To have the power to reach so many people is a gift, so when someone uses that power for evil I seriously stop to think what is wrong with this person. I believe that Father Coughlin is ignorant. And I also believe that he has some serious issues.
How this man was a priest baffles me. God teaches us to love everyone. So why preach something else?

More to come on this later. But I would rather spend my time writing about people who did amazing things for the world, not those who tried to bring it down.

Go to my Chapter 6 blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment